This article is meant to give you a step by step guide on how to create a Facebook account and also how to set up your Facebook profile. As you may already have known Facebook is currently the largest social media network in the world with well over two billion subscribers. When you create a Facebook account you will be able to share whatever interesting stories you got with friends, you will also be able to upload your pictures, chat with your friends, and much more stuff you can do.
Create a Facebook accountRequirements:
- It is absolutely free of charge to have a facebook account.
- You need to have a working email or a valid phone number in order to create an account. You can open a free email with Gmail or Yahoo.
- It is also required that you should be at least 13 years of age to have an account.
- On your browser go www.facebook.com This will take you to Facebook homepage.
- You will then need to enter in your information in the space provided. It will look something like this. Enter your first name and surname. (Nicknames are allowed provided is a variation of your real name). Your mobile number or email address. (Not both). The password you would like to use to login to Facebook. (To make your password strong, you need to combine both upper cases, lower case, and numbers to it). If your password is not strong enough you may be asked to re-enter a stronger password. Enter your date of birth. Choose your gender.
- Then click on ‘Create an account’. If you have provided the right information a verification email or SMS will be sent to you.
- Now login to your email and click the link sent to verify your account. Note that it may take a few minutes for the email to arrive. You may also be required to enter the code sent along with the verification email.
How To Set Up Facebook ProfileAdd a Profile Picture. The first thing you should do after creating your facebook account is the add a profile picture. This may help family and friends searching for you on Facebook to find you easily, as they can use the photo to differentiate you from others who may have same name and surname as you. It also increases engagement as most people don’t like to chat with a “faceless” person. Do you?… Lolz. So, to add a profile picture simply do the following:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on your name at the top right side of your screen.
- Click ‘add photo’ top left.
- Then you will need to choose whether you want to upload a photo or take a new photo. If you decided to upload a photo you already have saved in your system then click upload.
- Select the photo you want to use and open.
- Then click ‘save’.