Gmail is an Internet-based electronic mail account provided by one of the leading internet companies in the world – Google. It is free and easy to open a Gmail account. This tutorial will provide a guide on the step by step process of how to create a Gmail account free and also how to log into Gmail account.
Requirements To Open A Gmail Account
Well, the truth is, if you’re reading this guide then you’re qualified to create a Gmail account. This is true because all you need to open a Gmail account is a computer, tablet or mobile phone with an internet access. You’re accessing this information because you really do have one this.
And beautiful enough, creating a Gmail account gives you access to other services provided by Google. Some of the services you can have access to after you have signed up for a Gmail account are: youtube, google maps, google photos, google playstore, google drive, and google plus, a social media platform.
It is truly one account all of google.
You can carry out this process of how to open a gmail account either through a gmail app which comes pre-installed on your Android or by using a web browser on your PC. For the purpose of this write-up, we would explain how to create a gmail account by using your web browser.
How To Create A Gmail Account
- Go to google sign up page.
- Enter your details in the boxes as indicated above. Your name and surname, your username– your username must be unique, it can contain a combination of letters, numbers and periods, it is what you will need to sign in to your Google account. Then enter your password, your birthday, select your gender, your mobile phone number, and your country. In the space for your current email address, you may choose to enter any other email address you may have or just leave it blank if this is your first email account.
- Click on ‘next step’ after you’ve completely entered your details.
- Then click ‘I agree’ on the next page.
- Google may now ask you to verify your phone number. Select whether you would like to receive a call or get a text message with a verification code. Then enter the code in the box and click continue.
- Congratulations! you have created a Google account. Now Continue to Gmail to see your Gmail account page.
Your new Gmail account will look something like this.
You can compose a mail, see your inbox, sent messages, drafts and so on.
How To Set Your Gmail Account Profile Picture
This is purely optional. You may or may not want to add a profile picture. It simply adds beauty to your email and makes it easier for you and others to recognize your emails.
- To add a profile picture on your Gmail account click on your profile. It is located at the top right-hand side of your Gmail account dashboard.
- Next, you click on ‘change’.
- Then select photo from a computer.
- Then click ‘set profile picture’.
Gmail Account Sign In – How To Log InTo Gmail Account
It is very easy to log into Gmail account. All you need is your unique username and your password.
- To begin the sign in process visit the gmail account sign in page.
- Enter your Gmail username in the box provided and click ‘next’.
- Enter your password and click ‘next’.
- Wait to be redirected to your gmail account dashboard.
That’s basically what it is. You can now send and receive emails. To receive emails you need to provide the sender with your email address which is a combination of your username and your email service provider, which in this case is google. So your email address would look something like this: firstname.lastname@example.org
So this article has broken down, step by step, how to create a gmail account free and also how to log into gmail account. Please if you have any questions or in need of guidance leave your questions in the comments box below or send a personal email to me if you prefer. I’ll be delighted to assist. Also, dont forget to use the share button if you think this post will benefit someone else.