Twitter is one of the leading social media sites in the world. If you don’t have a twitter account it almost feels like you’re alone. There are over 328 million monthly active users of Twitter in the world. While these stats is still dwarfed by Facebook with over 2 billion active users, it still is and remains a great way to share your views with millions of people around the world. It is a way to make either your personal voice or business to be heard. Twitter limits users posts or tweet to less than 140 characters making it concise enough for all to read and stay informed.
In an earlier article, we discussed how to create a Facebook account. We have also explained how to Create a Facebook page. Now we would like to walk you through on how to create a Twitter account. Creating a Twitter account is easy and it is free.
How To Create A Twitter Account
- First, visit the twiiter.com home page.
- Then click on sign up. This will take you to the sign-up page where you will be required to enter your details. You can locate the sign-up button at the top right-hand side of your page.
- Next, enter your details Full name, email or phone, and password. If you are creating a personal account you should enter your Full name. This will make it easier for your friends to find you and follow you. But if it is business account it will be wide to enter the name of your business or brand.
Then enter your valid email and a phone number. Your friends can also use each of this data to find you on twitter.
- Click on sign up. Before you click on sign up you may also wish to check the box ‘personalize Twitter based on where you’ve seen Twitter content on the web’.
- You will then be taken to a new page where you will be required to select your country and phone number. You will be required to verify this phone number.
- The final step would be to login to your email and click on the verification link that has been sent.
Your twitter account is successfully created, and you may now login.
How To Set Up A Twitter Account
Basically, this involves three things.
Add a profile image: Obviously, this will help your friends confirm your identity when they search for you. If your Twitter account is for business, your image is your identity. It is your brand so you need to choose what beautifully represents you.
To add a profile image click on ‘add photo’ on the op left, then upload, then select the image from your folder and click open. A screen will be displayed where you can crop or resize your image and then save.
Add a cover photo: You cover image should be captivating. It also represents you or your brand, It tells what you’re up to at any given time. It should be inviting.
To adda cover photo click on your profile, Edit profile, add cover image, then select from your computer the image you would like to use. You will also have the option to crop and resize the image selected.
Brief description of what you are about: When visitors come to your profile, one of the things that may compell them to follow you on twitter is your description, so it is important as this tells them what you do and they can use it to decide whether they need to follow you or not.
These are the basic settings for your Twitter account. You may also play around on your profile to add or edit any info however you want.
So you have created and set up your Twitter account. Next thing you need to do is to search for your friends on Twitter and follow them. The more friends you follow the more that will also follow you back.
Then you can start to share your thoughts on any subject matter with your friends and followers. Just type into the box at the top of your account homepage and tweet.
If this article has helped you learn how to create a twitter account please use the social share buttons to share it with others.