Facebook has nearly 2 billion(1.94) monthly active users. This represents approximately two third of internet users. Every day about 1.28 billion people logon to the largest social network in the world, facebook. So, whether you’re a small business owner or a big business, or for personal use, you can’t afford to ignore facebook. With these stats, facebook has become an invaluable tool for businesses, brands, celebrities, musicians and much more. So in my opinion, if you want, sorry if you need to be heard, you go to facebook. One of the important ways to create an audience on facebook is to create a facebook page. It is easy and it is free. This article will guide you on how to create facebook page and set it up the right way.
How To Create Facebook Page
- The first step would be to login to your facebook account with your email or phone number and your password. If you don’t have a facebook account yet, you can read up my earlier post on how to create a facebook account for step by step guide. If you already have a facebook account it’s great because that means you already have friends you can invite to like your page.
- Once logged in, tap the settings icon on the top right side of your page and then click ‘create page’.
- Six options will be presented to you. At this point, you need to select the type of your page you want to create, depending on what your page is about. The six options you have to choose from are explained below: Local Business or Place: If you have chosen local business or place you will need to enter the page name and category and the physical address of the business you’re creating the page for.Company, Organisation or Institution: Select the category of the company or institution from the drop down menu and enter the name of your company. Brand or Product: Select the category and type in the name of your product or brand. This is what you’ll choose if you are building a page for a website. Artist, Band or Public Figure: Choose a category and enter the name you’re known by as an artist, Band or public figure. Entertainment: Choose the category of the entertainment and enter the name. Cause Or Community: Type in the name of the of the cause you intend to pursue or the name of the community you’re creating a page for.
- Whatever the page type you have chosen, enter the appropriate details, then click ‘get started’.
How To Set Up Facebook PageAdd a Profile Picture: This is your pages’ identity, make it look beautiful and inviting. It will help people to easily recognize your page in posts and comments. To add a profile picture simply click on add a picture as shown in the picture below and choose whether you want to take a photo or upload from your computer. Add a Cover Photo: Cover photos express your page’s identity. You can change your cover photos periodically to reflect what’s going on with your business. You cover photo should be captivating. Create A Username: This will help people find your page faster on facebook. So if You think it’s not important, think again. You can create or edit your username from the ‘about’ section of your page. Click ‘about’, then create or edit username. Enter the username you would like to use if the username is available then click ‘create username’. If the username is taken then you have to choose a new one and try again. Fill The About Page: A lot of the information about your page will be gotten from what you have filled in this section.You can share any information you’re comfortable sharing on this page.
- Enter the start date and mission of your company.
- Enter your phone number and email.
- If you have a website you would want to enter it on the page too.
- Next, add a short description of what your company is about. This is where you share vital information about what your company is about, how it can benefit people why they should come back to your page or like your page. You could also include your website URL here.
- You are almost done. Next thing you’re got to do is like your page. But before you do that I would recommend that you first publish a post, So that your friends who see that you have liked the page will see a post that is attractive and they may be compelled to like your page too.