Whatsapp has grown to become the most popular messaging app on mobile and also one of the world’s most popular social media network. In the light of that, it is no surprise that many want to know how to download WhatsApp on PC. We have been using Whatsapp on our mobile to message friends and family for years and many express the desire to have access to the messenger on PC. So in 2015 WhatsApp finally became available in-browser known as the ‘WhatsApp web’. More recently though, the company created apps that can be downloaded and installed on PCs. The desktop app is available for Windows and OS.
Some Awesome Features Of Whatsapp
- Send messages, pictures and video clips.
- Place calls (including video calls) to any one on the platform, local or international.
- There are no usernames to memorize.
- Attach media files to your message.
- Leaves a time stamp for sent and received messages.
- Know if the sent messages have been read by the recipient (you can turn off this feature).
- It’s almost free aside from the data connection you have to pay.
Requirements To Install Whatsapp On Your PCYour phone needs to be one of the following:
- Android iOS 8.1 and above
- windows phone 8.0 and above
- Nokia S60 and S40 EVO
- Blackberry 10
Procedure To Download Whatsapp On PC And Install
- First, you need to download the appropriate version of the app (Windows or Mac) from www.whatsapp.com/download
- If You’re using Mac you will need to unzip the file, then move it to the applications folder. If you’re using Windows just run the downloaded file and follow the prompts.
- The app should launch automatically and you will see a QR code to scan with your WhatsApp phone.
- Now launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- For iOS users tap settings, then WhatsApp web, then scan QR code. For Android phone users just tap the menu icon top right, the tap WhatsApp web and scan code. Same for Windows phone users.