Whatsapp has grown to become the most popular messaging app on mobile and also one of the world’s most popular social media network. In the light of that, it is no surprise that many want to know how to download WhatsApp on PC.
We have been using Whatsapp on our mobile to message friends and family for years and many express the desire to have access to the messenger on PC. So in 2015 WhatsApp finally became available in-browser known as the ‘WhatsApp web’. More recently though, the company created apps that can be downloaded and installed on PCs.
The desktop app is available for Windows and OS.
Some Awesome Features Of Whatsapp
- Send messages, pictures and video clips.
- Place calls (including video calls) to any one on the platform, local or international.
- There are no usernames to memorize.
- Attach media files to your message.
- Leaves a time stamp for sent and received messages.
- Know if the sent messages have been read by the recipient (you can turn off this feature).
- It’s almost free aside from the data connection you have to pay.
The features above make WhatsApp the best mobile messaging app. They are simply awesome and you just got to install one.
Requirements To Install Whatsapp On Your PC
Your phone needs to be one of the following:
- Android iOS 8.1 and above
- windows phone 8.0 and above
- Nokia S60 and S40 EVO
- Blackberry 10
You may be a little confused about why we are talking about phone models in a discussion that has to with installing Whatsapp on PC. Please keep in mind that the WhatsApp you will soon have on your PC is just a copy of the exact WhatsApp on your phone as both will be linked. Hence you still need to have a data connection on your mobile to view and chat on your PC.
Procedure To Download Whatsapp On PC And Install
- First, you need to download the appropriate version of the app (Windows or Mac) from www.whatsapp.com/download
- If You’re using Mac you will need to unzip the file, then move it to the applications folder.
If you’re using Windows just run the downloaded file and follow the prompts.
- The app should launch automatically and you will see a QR code to scan with your WhatsApp phone.
- Now launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- For iOS users tap settings, then WhatsApp web, then scan QR code.
For Android phone users just tap the menu icon top right, the tap WhatsApp web and scan code. Same for Windows phone users.
You will now be able to view WhatsApp messages both on your phone and PC.
Remember to keep your PC safe as someone can easily read your WhatsApp conversations in your absence so long as your phone has a data connection.
Also, a word of caution when using WhatsApp web on a computer that is not yours….Always log out when you’re done. If you don’t someone else can have access to your conversations.
However, If the computer is yours you do not need to log out otherwise you will have to repeat the process of scanning QR code each time you want to use your Whatsapp on PC.
It is a very easy procedure and quite rewarding to Download Whatsapp On PC. If you encounter any difficulty please fill free to drop your comments in the box below.
If you think this information was helpful please share it with friends.